[DRAFT] 🗝️ Digital identity backup for worst-case scenario
Written Feb 14, 2023.
Recently I thought about what would happen with my data in two of the worst-case scenarios:
- Loss of all my devices at the same time
Do I trust Google and Apple to help my family fully access my data in case of death?
What about all those services that are dependent on my Google account?
So I started thinking about a way to safely backup
- Recoverable only by me and direct family
- Easily updatable
- Location-independent (in the cloud)
- "Gun-on-your-head" proof
- Malware-proof (ideally)
It would contain:
- Dump of my passwords and 2FA seeds
- Crypto private keys
- A breakdown of where my financial wealth is stored. Some are easy to find (bank accounts, stocks) others are less obvious.
- Will/message in case of death
GPG encrypted tar archive with shards.